Q: Is there a demo course available?
A: Yes there is...
A demonstration course is available to see what courses are like. The demonstration course is simply a piece carved out of our "Condo Hotel Accounting" course. It demonstrates the audio, video and interactivity in our courses. (Due to website restrictions, you can not be logged into your user account with Hotel Accounting Institute while trying to access the Demo course. Please be sure to log off first, then click on the link below.)
Q: My computer isn't accepting the demo course. Will I have a problem with the actual courses?
A: Yes, if you have trouble with the Demo course, you will have the same trouble trying to run the full version of the course. The security features in Internet Explorer 8 (and later) block the Web Player from downloading and running properly. You will need to add Hotel Accounting Institute and Adobe as Trusted sites within Internet Explorer. (Click here for detailed instructions)
Q: How do the courses work?
A: The courses are taken online by simply following this procedure:
Pay for the course you wish to take. Payment methods accepted are major credit cards, Pay Pal, or you can order a course by pressing “check or money order”. If paying by check or money order, the course will be placed in a “pending receipt of check” status. Instructions for where to send the check will be given. When the check is received, we will release the course and you may sign on and take the course.
Q: Once I pay for a course, how do I take it?
A: Follow these steps:
- You simply sign in with your user name and password.
- On the left hand side of the screen, you will see a green box. Click on “My Purchased Courses”. You will see the course made available to you.
- You click on the blue “start” button next to the course title.
- On the next screen, you click the big orange button called “Start Course” at the bottom of the screen.
- If this is your first course with us, you will be prompted to download the Macromedia Authorware ActiveX Web Player. Click on the bar that states “This is trying to download ActiveX”. Click “allow download.” Security issues: We are a secured website as designated by our “https:” designation.
- Start the course, and click “Quit” when you are through for the day.
- Taking the exam: If you wish to take an exam, contact email@example.com (or use the "Contact Us" page) to request an exam.
- When you pass the exam, you will be mailed a Certificate of Completion within 48 hours.
- Take a survey if you wish.